In the news
Clean Stay @ Villa Hotels
The health and safety of our guests have always been our priority. We have continuously maintained an excellent standard of hygiene in all our resorts. Given the impact of COVID-19, we have upgraded our standards to ensure the health and safety of guests throughout their experience in our resorts. When the Maldives re-opens for tourism, Villa Resorts will be providing guests with a renewed assurance of cleanliness and safety.
The competition was introduced across each of the Villa Hotels & Resorts Instagram channels back at the beginning of April to interact with audiences at home and to provide them with a positive, creative task during these difficult and challenging times. The response from entrants was overwhelming, and the time, patience and talent were much inspiring. Over 120 participants took part in submitting their artwork, and these can all be seen on the hashtag #VillaDrawingChallenge on Instagram.
Building on Villa’s existing high standards, and under the guidance of our in-house doctors, we will soon launch our CleanStay@Villa initiative, which follows the WHO and Maldives Health Protection Agency (HPA) guidelines. This initiative will undergo regular reviews based on evolving industry standards and feedback from our travel partners and guests. The CleanStay@Villa initiative implements SOPs for end-to-end hygiene checks from arrival, transfer to departure. It includes, but not limited to, SOPs in the following:
- Disinfect all exposed surfaces on our lounges and transport facilities for arrival and departure.
- Check and log temperature for all guests and staff on arrival and departing.
- Identify high touch areas in guest villas and modify cleaning protocols to ensure that such areas are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
- Implement new staff hygiene standards, with mandated PPE measures.
- Apply stringent disinfecting measures for F&B, Spa, sports, and recreation facilities.
- Recommend social distancing between guests and staff
- Implement continuous staff training in hygiene and cleanliness standards and protocols
- Ensure resorts’ medical clinics are housed with doctors and required facilities
- Use hospital-grade disinfectants in cleaning protocols
- In case of need, provide isolation rooms at each resort
- Maintain an in-house medical clinic and a qualified doctor at each resort